Spanish Vegetarian Food Reacipe - Spanish Rice
- 2 to 3 veggie bouillon cubes (or) a scant teaspoon of oil of your choice
- 2 cups brown rice
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce (salt-free, if reqd.)
- 5 cups veggie stock
- 1 tablespoon mild soy sauce
- 1 stalk celery with leaves, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon, crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium vegetable seasoning (or) seasoning of your choice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 green pepper, diced
Add rice, onions, and garlic.
Stir over medium heat until rice browns slightly.
Add tomato sauce, stock, soy sauce, celery, carrots, crushed red pepper, seasoning, and bay leaf.
Stir, bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer, and cover.
Cook 30 minutes.
Add diced green pepper, cover, and continue to cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until rice is tender and not too moist.
If it is too moist, remove cover and let steam until dry.
If using white rice, cut down on the stock and cooking time accordingly.